Complex and High Needs Care Work at AIHCS
Our Care services are highly individualised, offering:
- A team of highly knowledgeable, experienced and above all compassionate Care workers
- Specialised clinical training to your specific needs for the team of Support Workers and Clinical staff that is dedicated to supporting you
- A person-centred approach, respecting that individual needs vary person to person
- Flexible support that can work around your schedule, and change over time to meet your evolving wants and needs. 24/7 Support available if required.
- Care Workers and translators who speak your language
- Ongoing staff training to ensure that we are able to adapt to changing requirements and new situations
- A team that is collaborative, understanding and culturally responsive.
- Access to our carefully selected and verified suppliers and allied health professionals including Physio, OT, Psych, Dieticians, Speech and more.
- Help with creating SMART goals and a plan to achieve them
- Recognition of your a person’s right to respect and self-determination
About our Complex Allied Health Team
We know the importance of trust and knowledge when it comes to allowing new people into your home. Each of our Support Workers and every member of our clinical team has been carefully selected to give you confidence.
Our staff are matched according to your needs, may it be language preference, skill preference or a preference for male or female staff. AIHCS prides themselves on our staff and client retention rate. Our team really cares about our staff and also about our clients and their needs.
We employ all types of nurses (enrolled, registered and students) to we can match your needs to their skills. All clinical staff hold a current AHPRA registration, which means that they are legally registered to work in the profession here in Australia.
All of our Support Workers and clinical staff have up-to-date First Aid, CPR and other certifications, in addition to recent background checks before commencing employment. They also receive ongoing training to stay up to date with the latest support methods.
Qualifications and experience go a long way, but when it comes to you and your family, we know that compassion and respect matter most. This cannot be trained, which is why our face-to-face recruitment process is one of the most important elements that makes our team so popular with participants.
What can our clinical team help you with?
- 24-hour, round the clock complex clinical care
- Post Surgical care
- Personal care including showers, nappy changes, bed showers, hoist transfers, catheter management, enteral feed management and much more
- Complex wound assessment and treatment when required
- Pressure care
- Catheter care
- Bowel care
- Stoma support
- Seizure support
- Feeding management
- Oxygen management
- Tracheotomy management
- Diabetes and asthma management
- IV injections
- Subcutaneous injection
- Pain management with a specialised team of highly trained Physios and OT and the latest tools for pain management
- Creation and implementation of medication plans
- Clinical and person-centred assessment
- Liaising with your family
What services can our Support Workers help you with?
In addition to the clinical care we provide for people with complex needs, there are over 59 different home are services including:
- Transport to medical appointments or to and from hospital
- Carer respite
- Personal care
- Cleaning and tidying
- Laundry and ironing
- Lawn mowing and gardening
- Household admin and errands
- Companionship and social support
- Outings and social activities
Therapeutic services at AIHCS
AIHCS has developed a range of therapeutic services to support our clinical, social and domestic offerings. The aim of these services is to create opportunities for meaningful engagement and improve your happiness and wellbeing. These include:
- Art Therapy at home
- For anyone with anxiety or depression, we have seen amazing results using rescue animals as companionship and encouragement
- At home music therapy
How do I access complex and high needs support at Focus Care?
If you already have an NDIS Plan, the good news is that all of our services will be covered by NDIS funds. You can determine your eligibility for an ndis plan if you don’t have one, you can obtain one with our help. Once you’ve determined if it’s right for you or your family member, you’ll receive guidance on applying as well.
If you do not have an NDIS Plan, all of our services are available to pay privately.
Contact us to arrange support with your complex disability needs
Finding a company that you or your loved can trust is crucial to an enjoyable NDIS experience. If you have any questions, hesitations and enquires, please get in touch and one our lovely staff will be able to answer anything you may need answered.
If you would like to discuss your options for complex needs care, please contact us today on 1800 AIHCS1 ( 1800 244 271) to arrange a no-obligation, complimentary consultation at your home.